- Elephant.in is hosted by Alliance Insurance Brokers Pvt. Ltd. (hereinafter referred as Alliance)
- Elephant.in acts as a platform, through mobile App & Website (Portal), for facilitating purchase of insurance policies through licensed and Registered insurance companies
- ALLIANCE reserves the right, in its discretion, to change or modify all or any part of this Agreement at any time, effective immediately. Your continued use of the elephant.in Application or Service constitutes your binding acceptance of these terms and conditions, including any changes or modifications made by ALLIANCE as permitted above. Please be sure to review this Agreement periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version. If at any time the terms and conditions of this Agreement are no longer acceptable to you, you should immediately cease all use of the Service.
- ALLIANCE does not permit registration by and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 18 on this Portal/Application. By registering for the Service, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older, as on date of this agreement and that you have fully read and understood the Terms and Conditions as set forth in this agreement, without any impairment in judgment resulting from (but not limited to) mental illness, mental handicap, intoxication, medication, or any other health or other problem that could impair judgment. Additionally, you must provide true, accurate and complete registration information to become a member of the Service ("Member"). Creating a Member account under automated means or under false or fraudulent pretence constitutes unauthorised use of the Service and such accounts will be terminated by ALLIANCE.
- By using the Service, you represent and warrant that all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate and you agree to the accuracy of such information. The profile that you compose upon registering for the Service (the 'Member Profile') must describe you, an individual person. Examples of inappropriate profiles include, but are not limited to, profiles that purport to represent an animal, place, inanimate object, fictional character, or real individual who is not you. If you wish to view or change your profile, you can do so via the "my profile" option on the Portal/Application.
- You agree to pay any charges incurred in connection with the Insurance you elect to purchase via elephant.in at the rates as specified. If you've elected to pay by credit card, we will bill all charges to your credit card upon receipt of purchase or payment form.
- If you believe someone has accessed the Portal/Application using your username and password without your authorisation, you must contact ALLIANCE by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will make all reasonable attempts to contact you when your purchased insurance is due to expire, and offer a simple process for renewing your insurance. If your insurance expires before you accept our renewal offer, your access to elephant.in and all its services will terminate without additional notice. Any special offers or discounts obtained upon your initial purchase or any subsequent purchases may not necessarily be offered on renewal.
- The Portal & Application provides general insurance related advice from Licenced and Registered insurance companies only and does not constitute legal advice.
- You acknowledge that the Application contains information, software, photographs, audio and video clips, graphics, links and other material of ALLIANCE (collectively, the "Content") that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of ALLIANCE or third parties. All Content on the Portal & Application is copyrighted as a collective work of ALLIANCE as per applicable copyright law. You agree to comply with any copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content available on or accessed through the Service. Users of the Application may use the Content only for their personal, non-commercial use.
- You may not modify, publish, transmit, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, sell, transfer or in any way exploit any of the Content or Material, in whole or in part. Content consisting of downloadable software may not be reverse engineered unless specifically authorized by the owner of the software's patent and/or copyright. You also agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the Portal and/or Application or the Content, including features that prevent or restrict use or copying or those that enforce limitations on use.
- You are NOT allowed to DOWNLOAD or copy and make any personal, non-commercial or commercial use of the Content or information from the Application in whole or in part without the express permission of ALLIANCE. Requests for such permission should be made to email@example.com. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Please be advised that ALLIANCE enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
- It is your responsibility to check the accuracy or relevant facts and opinions given on the Portal & Application before entering into any commitment based upon them.
- Upon download and installation of the Application, you grant the following permissions to the Applications to perform the following actions on the device you have installed the Application in
From time to time, the Application may automatically check the version of the installed Application on the Device and, if applicable, provide updates for the Application (hereinafter referred to as "Updates"). Updates may contain, without limitation, bug fixes, patches, enhanced functionality, plug-ins and new versions of the Application. By installing the Application, you authorize the automatic download and installation of Updates and agree to download and install Updates manually if necessary. Your use of the Application and Updates shall be governed by this Agreement (as amended by any terms and conditions that may be provided with Updates).
- To read from, write on, modify and delete data pertaining to the Application on the device's hard disk and/or external storage
- To access information about networks, your mail ID, access networks including Wi-Fi networks, receive and send data through the network.
- To determine your approximate & exact location from sources like, but not limited to mobile towers, GPS and connected Wi-Fi networks.
- To access the model number, IMEI number and details about the operating system of the device the Application has been installed on, as well as the phone number of the device.
- To retrieve information about other Applications running on the device the Application has been installed on and open them.
- To detect when the phone had been switched off and switched on for the purpose of sending notification/ push notifications.
- To access and change the display and sound settings of the device the Application has been installed in.
- ALLIANCE reserves the right to delete, move or edit any Content (including Material posted in any interactive area of the Application) that it may determine, in its sole discretion, violates this Agreement or is otherwise unacceptable. However, ALLIANCE does not and cannot review all the Content posted by users on the Application and is not responsible for such Content. You shall remain solely responsible for all Material. Although ALLIANCE reserves the right to remove any offending Content on the Application, you understand and agree that you nonetheless may be exposed to such Material and that you further waive your right to any damages (from any party) related to such exposure.
- Additionally, ALLIANCE shall have the right, but not the obligation, to correct any errors or omissions in any Content, as it may determine in its sole discretion.
- ALLIANCE does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any interactive area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any interactive area by users represents the views of the user posting the statement, and does not represent the views of ALLIANCE
- The Service may contain links to Application or mobile Applications on the Internet which are owned and operated by third parties (the "External Application or mobile Applications"). You acknowledge that ALLIANCE is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any External Application or mobile Application. You should contact the Application or mobile Application administrator or webmaster for those External Application or mobile Applications if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such External Application or mobile Applications.
Termination of access
- ALLIANCE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend or terminate your user account and access to all or any part of the Application, including the discussion areas, at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability. Conversely, you may terminate your user account at any time, for any reason, by deleting your account on the Application or by emailing ALLIANCE at firstname.lastname@example.org. The terms of this Agreement shall survive any termination of your membership. ALLIANCE may change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Application at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or Content (including the discussion areas), without prior notice or liability
- ALLIANCE may use a third-party payment gateway to process your payments when you purchase an Insurance on the Portal/Application. All such transactions are secured and encrypted. When you make a payment, you will be redirected to the third-party payment gateway and on successful completion of payment, a payment receipt will be generated for your records. In case there is a payment failure, no charges will be debited and you will be notified about the payment failure. Although it is not mandatory that you register or create a user account on the Application to make payments, it is advisable to do so for your own convenience. Detailed information on eligibility for cancellation and refund of any payments made can be found under our 'Refund & Cancellation' Policy.
- You may not post, distribute, perform, display, transmit or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement, please contact the Application administrator at email@example.com with the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or trademark interest; (b) a description of the copyrighted work(s) or trademark(s) that you claim has been infringed; (c) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Portal/Application; (d) your address, telephone number, and email address; (e) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or trademark owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or trademark owner or authorized to act on the copyright or trademark owner's behalf.
Limitation of Liability & Warranty Disclaimer
- ALLIANCE, its suppliers, and other third parties mentioned on this Portal/Application are neither responsible nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, or other damages (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data, or business interruption) arising out of or relating in any way to the Portal, Application, Portal/Application-related services and products, content or information contained within the "Portal" & "Application," and/or any hyperlinked Application, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Portal, Application, Application-related services, and/or hyperlinked Applications is to stop using the Portal/ Application and/or those services. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- This Portal, Application and its content and related services are provided "as is," with all faults, with no representations or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of this Portal and/or Application, its related services and hyperlinked Applications. No oral or written information or advice given by neither ALLIANCE nor its authorized representatives shall create a warranty nor in any way increase the scope of this warranty. Neither ALLIANCE nor any third party content provider warrants that any files available for downloading through this Portal and/or Application will be free of viruses or similar contamination or destructive features.
- Please note that a small number of people may experience epileptic seizures when exposed to certain light patterns on a computer screen like those displayed when using the Portal/Application. Consult your physician prior to using the Portal/Application if you have had any epileptic symptoms (such as eye or muscle twitches, dizziness, altered vision, dis-orientation, loss of awareness, involuntary movements or convulsions) and discontinue use of the Application immediately if you experience any such symptoms.
- While efforts have been taken to ensure that the pages on the Portal and Application are free from viruses, ALLIANCE gives no warranties that they are indeed free from viruses and users are responsible for ensuring that they have installed adequate virus checking software.
- ALLIANCE excludes, in so far as it is legally responsible, all liability and responsibility (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of ALLIANCE or its officers) for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of:
- The pages on the Application or any other Internet Application or mobile Applications:
- a. Any material downloaded from the Application or any other Internet Application;
- b. Any publication, product or service.
- The names, images and logos identifying ALLIANCE or third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of ALLIANCE, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and ALLIANCE reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
Ownership And Proprietary Rights
- Elephant.in Rights: Using your name and logo
- You hereby permit us to use your name, website address and logo in our marketing material including but not restricted to corporate presentation, website, email campaigns, brochures, social media etc. during and after active engagement.
Refunds & Cancellations
- a. In case of a refund due to an erroneous transaction or cancellation, the premium paid for an insurance product will be refunded via cheque or direct credit as per the policy of the Insurance provider, that you have chosen to buy the product from.
- b. In an event of a failed transaction the amount of premium debited will be refunded as per the prevailing terms and conditions of the card issuing bank/institution.
- Cancellation Policy:
- a. In case of a cancellation of policy within the time frame as defined, the premium paid for that particular insurance product will be refunded via cheque and/or direct credit and/or any other means as per the guidelines of the issuing Insurance provider, that you have chosen to buy the insurance product from.
National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC)
- You are authorizing Alliance Insurance Brokers Pvt. Ltd., Elephant.in and its representatives to communicate or reach out to me over calls, SMS, emails and any other mode of communication over on the given phone number / email ID for my insurance needs. I am aware that this authorization will override my registry under NDNC.
- This is a free sign-up which help Corporate give superpowers to their Employees. Corporate Employees can then transact at Elephant.in to get the best deals for their insurance policies (including servicing and claims support). Corporate will be communicating to their Employees about this insurance engagement program. Under this corporate sign-up, Corporate agree to appoint Alliance Insurance Brokers Pvt. Ltd. as Insurance Brokers for their employees to offer insurance products on pure voluntary basis.
Corporate Employee Engagement Program
- This program is available to Corporate Employees only when their Corporate has signed-up on Elephant.in. For validation, Corporate Employee will have to enter their corporate email ID when asked for 'Email ID'. Corporate Employee can purchase the product for his/her personal use or for use by his/her family and friends. Insurers may have provided exclusive discounts under this program. All discounts provided by insurers are as per IRDAI approved insurance plans only.
Jurisdiction & Miscellaneous
- The Portal, Application or mobile Application has been created with Indian users in mind and therefore its content may not be appropriate and/or lawful outside of INDIA. Users from outside of INDIA should therefore verify for themselves whether or not it is appropriate for them to access the Application or Services:
- Entire Agreement: This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement between you and ALLIANCE with respect to the Terms & Condition of Use (TOU) mentioned here and shall supersede all prior understandings or agreements, whether oral or in writing, between you and ALLIANCEas regards to the subject matter herein.
- Jurisdiction of Disputes:
THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAWS OF INDIA. ANY DISPUTE ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, WHICH CANNOT BE SETTLED AMICABLY BETWEEN YOU AND ALLIANCE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF A NOTICE OF DISPUTE FROM ONE PARTY TO THE OTHER, SHALL BE REFERRED TO AN ARBITRATION OF THE SOLE ARBITRATOR TO BE APPLICATIONOINTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF ARBITRATION AND CONCILIATION ACT, 1996. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE CONDUCTED IN ENGLISH AND VENUE SHALL BE MUMBAI. ANY ACTION OR SUIT RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURSIDICTION OF THE COURTS IN MUMBAI, INDIA.
If any inconsistency exists between the terms of this Agreement and any additional terms and conditions posted on the Service, such terms shall be interpreted as to eliminate any inconsistency, if possible, and otherwise, the additional terms and conditions shall control. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, (i) such provision shall be interpreted in such a manner as to preserve, to the maximum extent possible, the intent of the parties, (ii) the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby, and (iii) such decision shall not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of such provision under other circumstances.